Profile of the student
Access to an official master degree requires a university qualification of graduate, engineer or architect, as provided in Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, amended by the RD 861/2010 of July 2, and within the area of knowledge to which it belongs.
Graduates of foreign education systems can access this Master without an official approval of their diploma, just providing a proof that they have a level of education equivalent to a corresponding Spanish Graduate degree and that their diploma provides access to post-graduate studies in the country of origin.
The Spanish official university studies that provide access to this master's degree are those of the scientific-natural and health fields, such as the Bachelors or Graduated in Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Nanosciences and Nanotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Human biology, Medicine, Pharmacology, Genetics, Odontology, Human nutrition and dietetics, Veterinary, Chemistry and Microbiology.
For the university degrees that do not appear in this list but provide a formation equivalent to the admission profile, the Studies Commission of the Master's degree will be able to value and determine if the pupil has access to the master's degree or requires some formative complements.
The students holding a formation of 180 ECTS will have to course the Leveling Module of 60 ECTS, which contains subjects from the Biomedical Science and Biotechnology degrees. Afterwards they will get access to the Master program of 60 ECTS. Therefore, students will finish their Master Degree with 300 ECTS of formation required to accede to the doctorate program.
The access to the Master requires the presentation of the following documents:
- Authenticated copy of the Spanish identity card (DNI) or passport for foreign students
- Application form (filled in, printed out from webpage and signed by the applicant).
- Authenticated copy of the official university degree that provides access to the Master. If your official diploma has not been homologated by the Spanish government, you must submit a document issued by the university or by the competent authority of your country in which it is confirmed that the degree provides access to post-graduate studies.
- Official academic certificate with subject credits and scores. If the academic certificate was issued abroad, it has to include the numeric scale of the scores.
- Curriculum vitae
- Registration request and credit validation form.
- Certificate of English level B2 (upper-intermediate) (original or authenticated copy). It is recommended but not essential for the admission.
- Passport photo
There is no entrance exam for the Master.
The Studies Commission of the Master will value the applicants and will elaborate the list of students admitted.
The prioritization list for the admission will be based on the following criteria (maximum score: 10):
A) Final grade of the academic record multiplied by 2 (up to 8 points). Following the criteria: Pass = 1; Notable = 2; Outstanding = 3; With Honors = 4.
B) Having other degrees (up to 1 point). Following the criteria: 3-year degree=0,25 points; Graduate= 0,5; Official Master= 0,75 ; Doctorate= 1.
C) Professional experience in a laboratory: up to 0,5 points (0,5 points per year, maximum 1 year).
D) Other (up to 0,5 points) : Publications= 0,5 points per published paper; Attendance to scientific meetings (poster / oral communication)= 0,1 point/meeting.
The first 20 pupils of the list will be admitted, and the rest will be in waiting-list.
The evaluation of the merits of the students will be performed by the analysis of the documentation enclosed to the application form. The possibility of a personal interview is contemplated if the Studies Commission of the Master's degree considers it necessary.
The selection of the students for their admission will be done exclusively based on academic and scientific criteria.